Town of Malta Parks, Recreation & Human Services
Skip to nav
All camps taught by Artistic Director Elyse Young
Registration opens Monday, April 12th at 8:30am
For in person registration please call 518-899-4411 for our modified office hours.
Fairytales and Fantasies
Mini Drama Camp
Explore the land of Make Believe with Princes and Princesses, Royal Guards, Dragons, Kings, Queens and more. Don't miss this opportunity for your child to be a part of this enchanted camp as this class fills quickly. Games, skits and crafts are included. *Performance of our work on the last day of camp in accordance with NYS gathering guidelines at the time.
Musical Performance Drama Camp
Learn musical numbers from favorite Broadway shows, complete with scene work, costume pieces and simple choreography. Vocal skills, theater games and crafts will also be included. *Performance of our work on the last day of camp in accordance with NYS gathering guidelines at the time.
Acting and Performance Drama Camp:
Actors and actresses collaborate as a team to decide whether to write an original script or use existing storylines that they make their own. Throughout this creative process campers will develop characters, design a set, choose costumes, rehearse and perform, all within a 2 week period. *Performance of our work on the last day of camp in accordance with NYS gathering guidelines at the time.
During these changing times, we are being creative while preparing for fun summer DRAMA CAMP opportunities!
The following changes will be implemented based upon the most current guidelines from the New York State Department of Health:
- Drop off and pickup will be done outside
- Each staff member and camper will complete a wellness check upon arrival
- Instructor will be wearing a mask
- Camp activities will be planned to minimize person-to-person contact to the greatest extent possible.
- Campers should have masks with them to use when needed
- Cleaning and sanitizing – including handwashing – will be increased throughout the day.
- All craft items (markers, crayons, paints, etc.) will not be shared
- Props, costumes and scripts will not be shared
- A special participation agreement and waiver of liability will be sent out and must be signed by all parents/guardians prior to camp.
- Creativity and fun will be shared!!!
Each camp is limited to 10 students
Additional Forms and Files: